BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Cumin Aioli
by Jocelyn Cano | serving size 4 *For a yield of 24 multiply all ingredients by 6
Stuffed with smashed red potatoes, slightly charred salted and limed green beans, cumin aioli, slaw and cumin-spiced pulled pork, Sugar and Scribe’s Chef de Cuisine, Jocelyn Cano will have you savoring the meat sweats as your tastebuds melt for this well-seasoned meaty sandwich.
1.5 lbs. Pork Loin
2 each McCormick Culinary® Bay Leaves, Whole
2 cloves Garlic
¼ c Brown Sugar
1 tsp. McCormick Culinary® Crushed Red Pepper
1 each Onion, small
3 each Roma Tomatos
1 tbsp. McCormick Culinary® Smoked Paprika
2 tbsp. Grapeseed Oil
3 tbsp. Kosher Salt
9 oz. Stubb’s Original Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce
1 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. McCormick Culinary® Cumin, ground
- Place grapeseed oil in small hot stock pot, add onions, tomatoes, and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, lower heat and cook until translucent and tomatoes are breaking down.
- Add spices, sugar, butter and sauté.
- Transfer ingredients in pot into a blender and puree. Return to pot.
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan, cover with just enough water, cover, and let simmer away for about 2.5 hours.
- Remove pork and return liquid back to stovetop. Bring to a boil and let reduce by 3/4.
- Add shredded pork back in to the liquid and simmer for 15 more minutes and add Stubb’s Original Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce.
- Finish with salt to taste.
Add pork to vacuum-packed bags and place into boiling water to reheat and lock in moisture. Remove from boiling water and serve. Be sure to note that the cooking temperatures vary depending on the amount of meat in the bag.
Smashed Red Potatoes
- Bring stockpot of water to a boil. Place the potatoes in boiling water and cover and cook about 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add butter to potatoes.
- Smash potatoes with a whisk.
- Add granulated garlic, salt and rosemary.
4 c Green Beans
½ tbsp. Kosher salt
1 each Lemon, juice
1 tbsp. Butter
- Bring stockpot of water to boil. Place green beans in boiling water and blanch for about 1.5 minutes.
- Drain and shock into ice water.
- When ready to serve place dab of butter in skillet and melt.
- Add green beans until slight char with salt and lemon juice.
½ each Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
½ each Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 each Serrano, thinly sliced
1 each Lime, juiced
4 sprigs Cilantro, leaved, save stems
1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
½ tbsp. Kosher Salt
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1 c Mayo
2 tbsp. McCormick Culinary® Cumin, ground and toasted
1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp. Mustard, whole grain
4 each Cilantro Stems, thinly sliced
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl, refrigerate until ready to serve.
4 each Sandwich rolls
- Place pulled pork and slaw on toasted sandwich roll with cumin aioli on each side accompanied by smashed potatoes and green beans.
For more recipe inspiration visit, www.mccormickforchefs.com.