Veal Shoulder w/ Char Siu Glaze
- Royal Dutch Veal Shoulder
- 12 Tbsp Honey
- 8 cubed, fermented red tofu
- 6 Tbsp hoisin
- 6 Cloves garlic
- 3 tsp Chinese five spice
- 6 Tbsp mirin
- 3 tsp chili flake
Blend everything (except the veal shoulder) on high until smooth. Cover shoulder with blended glaze. Roast at 250 for 3 1/2 hours.
- 1 pint almonds
- 1 pint water
- Soak almonds in water overnight
- Strain through fine mesh, pushing out the “milk”
- Brine overnight with 1% salt by weight of water.
- Soak in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Push Marrow out of bones.
Combine in shallow bowl, garnishing with yarrow, sorrel, nasturtium, iceplant, and pouring almond milk in last.