Beet Kvass Poke with Verlasso Salmon
by Chef Mikel Anthony
- 2 6oz filets Verlasso salmon
- 1-2 cups beet kvass (or enough to cover)
- Marinate filets in Beet Juice overnight.
- Strain liquid and dice right before serving.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beet kvass
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or lime juice
- 1 tsp-1tbsp sesame oil or to taste
- 1 sprig green onion finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Splash of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine all together and let sit over night.
- 1 4oz filet Verlasso salmon, 2 days cured (salt, sugar) brunoise
- 2 romano tomatoes brunoise
- 1 shallot brunoise
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado sliced thin length wise
- After cure, rinse and dice salmon. Toss with ingredients up to cilantro. Slice avocado and place on cater wrap. Gently place a line of lomi lomi down middle.
- >Roll into roulade. Refrigerate and slice cold as desired.
- 1 Taro/Purple Yam
- Butter 2 oz
- Water/ fish or vegetable stock (enough to cover)
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- Peel and cook yam. Puree with butter, fish sauce, and enough liquid to achieve desired consistency. Salt to taste.
“I prefer to mix the protein with the poke marinade right before serving.” – Chef Mikel Anthony
- Toss with a little furikake of choice (Japanese rice seasoning) and some seaweed salad.
- Finish with some Fresh Origins micro shiso.
This post brought to you in partnership with Verlasso Salmon.