M.I.C. Chicken and Plantain Dumplings
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with MIC Food® and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1 whole chicken back removed and butterflied
- 1 tbs Paprika
- 1 tbs Chili spice
- 1 tbs Cumin
- 1 tbs Mediterranean spice
- Roast in oven at 200-300f until cooked 155f and tender. Cool and remove from bones.
- Chicken bones (including back)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 qt water
- 1 large carrot or a 3-4 small
- Greens from 1 leek (use white half for melted leeks in another dish)
- I prefer putting everything in an electronic pressure cooker for 30 minutes and strain. Or you can simmer in a pot for 45 minutes. Strain, season, and reserve liquid.
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plaintain mash from MIC Food® or 2 whole cooked and mashed
- 1 cup flour 1 tsp baking powder
- Poach in salted water or broth, gently for 1-2 minutes.
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 1 bunch of Dandelion
- 1 bunch of Broccoli rabe
- 2 Limes
- Saute broccoli rabe and dandelion. Finish Dish with cilantro and lime juice.