Pan-Seared Verlasso Salmon
Pea and Asparagus Puree and Froth | Asparagus Spears | Crispy Skin
by Chef Mikel Anthony
Pea Asparagus Puree
- Peas ½ cup
- Asparagus sliced 1 cup
- Mint ¼ cup
- Butter 2-4oz
- Cook asparagus and peas in stock of choice until tender. Puree with mint and butter. Salt to taste
- Salmon Skin
- Remove skin and dehydrate for 24 hours. Fry in really hot oil. Remove before it burns.
- Pea puree
- Soy lecithin pinch
- Thin out some puree in blender. Fail to put enough stabilizer (soy lecithin) in foam. Call it a froth. Genius.
- Salmon filet
- Cocavo 1 tbsp
- Sear Salmon in hot pan. Turn when browning. Cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Depends on thickness and desired cooking temp.
- Asparagus Spears, several
- Cook in saute pan until slightly tender for best flavor and texture. Season.
“I prefer to mix the protein with the poke marinade right before serving.” – Chef Mikel Anthony
- Toss with a little furikake of choice (Japanese rice seasoning) and some seaweed salad.
- Finish with some Fresh Origins micro shiso.
This post brought to you in partnership with Verlasso Salmon.