REPORTS TO: Sous Chef
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Kitchen Staff, Stewarding Staff, F&B Staff
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with departmental quality standards, recipes and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through
• Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
• Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests' food orders
• Ability to maintain good coordination
• Ability to work with all products and ingredients involved
• Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met
• Ability to differentiate dates
• Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions
• Ability to comprehend and follow recipes
• Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
• Must be able to maintain tact and be cool under pressure
• Able to work flexible hours necessary including off hours, weekends and holidays
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral form
• Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and (where applicable).
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and procedures.
• Meet with Chefs to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to job performance.
• Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
• Organize all the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
• Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
• Assist in monitoring inventory of prepared food items to keep waste down while managing 86’s.
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
• Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat from the stoves and burners.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee frequently is required to walk.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in high volume or upscale kitchens.
• Culinary degree from accredited school or university.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills