Verlasso Salmon wrapped in a fig leaf with basmati rice, fig mostarda, and olives.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Verlasso, Wusthof, and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- Chopped Olives
- 1 Cardamom pod
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Before cooking add cardamom, cumin, and turmeric.
- Cook rice in a rice cooker according to package instructions.
- Mixed with chopped olives when cooked.
- For an extra kick add in a little olive juice.
- Wrap and steam 4-5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Figs 4-8 sliced
- Whiskey 1/2 cup approx
- Sugar 1/2 cup approx
- Whole grain dijon 1 tbsp
- Place figs and whiskey into a small sauce pan.
- Set alcohol on fire until it burns off.
- Add sugar and mustard and cook until break down into puree/ chutney like texture.