Honeydew all ways: compressed, melon ball, chip, powder, and sorbet.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Henkelman and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 2-3 ea. Honeydew slices
- 4 oz. Midori liquer (approx)
- Place ingredients into vacuum seal bag and compress.
- 1 part Water
- 1 part Sugar
- 2 parts Pureed honeydew
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice
- Should yield approx 1 quart.
Honeydew Chip and Salt Powder
- Thinly sliced honeydew (see video)
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- Dehydrate until hard.
- Use 1 half as chip.
- Place the other half into a mortar and pestle with salt and grind into a powder.
- Garnish with melon balls of honeydew and dill.