This holiday season, bring the heat with Chef’s Roll and Club House Brazilian Style BBQ Seasoning. Introducing, the Confit Cauliflower Soup with delicious pork belly, fennel and savoury apple butter. You’re going to need more bowls.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Club House for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1 lb. Pork belly
- 1 cup La Grille Brazilian Style BBQ Seasoning
- 1 ea. Onion
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 bulb Fennel
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 1 ea. Bay leaf
- 1 qt. Chicken stock
- 6 ea. Apples, grated
- 1 qt. Apple cider
- 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 ea. Cinnamon sticks
For the Pork Belly:
- Season pork belly with La Grille Brazilian Style BBQ Seasoning.
- Roast at 300 F for 3 hours with two bricks wrapped in foil on top of another sheet pan compressing it down to keep flat.
- Slice and sear when plating.
For the Cauliflower Soup:
- Place all ingredients in a bag and vacuum seal.
- Sous vide at 185 F for 3 hours.
- Puree and season.
For the Apple Butter:
- Saute ingredients until they begin to caramelize, approx. 10 minutes.
- Puree then place back into a clean pan and continue to slowly caramelize, carefully stirring with a rubber spatula until it thickens.
- Garnish with melon balled apples and fennel fronds.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.ClubHouseForChefs.ca