Dutch Yellowtail with caramelized apricots, and coconut.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Kingfish Zeeland, WUSTOF, and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 5/6oz. Yellowtail fillets
- 3ea. Pink peppercorns
- 1ea. Cardamom pod
- Olive oil, for poaching
- Poach until cooked to desired temp. I would recommend cooking at approx. 117F for 5 minutes and torching the top.
- 1 piece lemongrass, minced
- 1tbsp. ginger
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 2ea. green plums or fruit of choice
- Water from 1 coconut
- Char the ginger and lemongrass.
- Puree with the rest of the ingredients.
- Coconut flesh
- Scrape white flesh from coconut.
- Puree with a little bit of water at a time until smooth cream forms. Add a touch of xanthum to help stabilize.
- Garnish with caramelized apricots and shiso.