MorningStar Farms Signature Protein Blend of tomato, basil, and mozzarella with asparagus, carrot, pickled cauliflower, cauliflower puree.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with MorningStar Farms, Wusthof, and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1 ea. MorningStar Farms Signature Protein Blend (tomato, basil, mozzarella)
- 12 ea. Tiny carrots, blanched
- 6 ea. Asparagus, blanched (Use the body only. Save spears for another dish)
- 1 tbsp. Agar agar
- 2 cups Water approx.
- Place foil, parchment paper, or caterwrap in a terrine mold to help remove the pate. Place some of the MorningStar Farms Signature Protein Blend evenly in the mold.
- Place the carrots. Add more of the “blend”. Place the asparagus. Add more “blend” to top. Compress with a spatula evenly.
- Bake in a water bath for approx 1 ½ hours at 300 F or until heated thoroughly.
- Boil the water and add agar agar. Boil for a couple of minutes and pour mixture in the terrine to help fill and potential gaps.
- Set in walk in refrigerator to cool overnight. Once completely cooled, slice.
- 3ea. Cauliflower heads, different colors
- 1 ½ cup Cream
- 3 ea. Shallots
- 3 ea. Garlic bulbs
- ½ cup Stock of choice
- Cook down less than half of each cauliflower individually with 1 shallot, ½ c cream, ½ cup stock and garlic bulb. Puree
- remaining Cauliflower
- 1 part Sugar
- 1 part Water
- 1 part Vinegar
- Bring, sugar, water, and vinegar to a boil.
- Pour over cauliflower florets and cover.