Prosciutto wrapped scallops with steamed yuca and white bean cassoulet.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Mic Food and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops
- 6-10 ea. Scallops
- 2 ea. Sheets of prosciutto
- Transglutaminase for dusting
- Align the prosciutto sheets side by side with one lightly overlapping the other. Dust with transglutaminase.
- Place cleaned, dry scallops on their side in a single file line and wrap the scallops into a cylinder. Best to do on top of cater wrap using the ends as handles rolling and tightening. Set aside and refrigerate.
- When ready to cook, sear in a cast iron pan and baste with butter. Should be done in about 2-3 minutes.
- 1 cup Frozen Pure and Simple Steamed Yuca
- 1 qt. Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. Capers
- ½ cup Olives
- 1 cup White beans cooked
- 1 cup Shaved fennel
- Bacon Lardons
- ½ cup Tomatoes
- Render bacon and remove fat (or don’t) and throw in frozen yuca. When they start to brown at 3-4 minutes, add all ingredients except tomato sauce and a few fennel shavings for garnish.
- Deglaze with white wine of choice. Cook 2-3 minutes and add tomato sauce.
- Bring to boil then remove from heat. Season to taste.