Seared ground beef and shiitake mushroom hamburger patties with foie gras and yuca fries.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Mic Food and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 2 ea. Shiitake mushroom, dried
- Microplane shiitake over ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Form patties. Cook til desired temp.
- Sear in a hot pan until medium rare/medium
- 1 cup Tio Jorge yuca fries
- Fryer oil
- 2 tbsp. Foie fat
- 1 tbsp. Herbs
- Deep fry the yuca fries and add to pan with foie fat tossing over medium heat with herbs. Season with salt.
- Toast the hamburger bun. Serve with ketchup or aioli.