Plant-based tamale with guacamole, cilantro, radish, and salsa macha. — This recipe was inspired by Chef Jimmie Flores – a finalist in our #PlantBasedAllStar contest.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with MorningStar Farms and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1/2 cup Pico de gallo (onions, tomato, cilantro, minced jalapeno)
- 5 ea. Ripe avocados
- 2-3 ea. Juiced limes
- Scoop out avocados and mash together.
- Whip the mash a little, then fold with other ingredients.
Plant Based Tamale
- MorningStar Farms Vegan Spicy Black Bean Protein Blend (desired amount)
- Tamale Masa (see package on desired amount)
- Follow masa instructions and fill with spicy black bean blend.
- Continue to follow instructions until done.
- 2-3 ea. Guajillo
- 2-3 ea. Chile de Arbol
- 2-3 ea. Chile Morita
- 2-3 ea. Chile Negro
- 2-3 ea. Chile aji Amarillo
- 3-4 ea. Garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup Almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup Dried herbs
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 qt. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 qt. oil
- Fry or torch all of the chiles and sauté the garlic and herbs.
- Throw everything into a food processor and blend with oil.