Spring stuffed in a lamb! Paprika & za’atar seasoned and roasted lamb leg stuffed with chanterelle mushrooms, English peas, and caramelized mushrooms. Served with confit potatoes and caper salsa verde.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen Series and is made in partnership with True Aussie Beef and Lamb, Spiceology, and Front of the House. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Stuffed Lamb Leg
- 1 ea. True Australian lamb leg
- 1 cup Sauteed chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 cup Sauteed English peas
- 1 ea. Onion, caramelized
- Za’atar spice
- Butterfly the lamb leg.
- Season all sides with salt, pepper, za’atar, and paprika.
- Stuff with peas and mushrooms.
- Roast in the oven til 127 F or desired temp.
- Take out and let rest.
Caper Salsa Verde
- 1 cup Mint
- 1 cup Parsley
- 1 cup Charred broccolini tops
- ½ cup Capers
- Oil to blend
- 1 tsp. Chile flake
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Blend in food processor slowly adding oil til desired consistency.
- ¼ lb. Fingerling potatoes
- Oil to cook
- Lamb fat to finish
- Sea salt to season
- Cook potatoes slowly in oil approx 185 F until tender. Toss in rendered lamb fat when done and season.