Barilla thin spaghetti with beef heart meatballs, pickled green blueberries, and strawberry rhubarb marinara.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Barilla and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Beef Heart Meatballs
- 1 part Beef heart, trimmed
- 1 part Ground beef
- 2 ea. Eggs (1 per pound of meat)
- 1 cup Bread crumbs (per pound of meat)
- 1 tbsp. Mediterranean seasoning
- Trim beef heart and mince.
- Blend with ground beef, egg, and seasoning.
- Form meatballs to desired size. I recommend 2-3 oz portions.
- Bake until almost done and finish in sauce.
Pickled Green Blueberries
- 1 pint Green blueberries
- 1 part Water
- 1 part Vinegar
- 1 part Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Salt (approx.)
- Combine enough water and vinegar to immerse the green blueberries.
- Bring pickling liquid to a boil and pour over green blueberries.
Strawberry Rhubarb Marinara
- 1 quart Strawberries
- 1 pint Rhubarb
- 16 oz. Tomato puree
- 1 ea. Onion, quartered
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 1 bunch Basil
- Pressure cook or cook down and puree.
- Season to taste.