Beet root and dill salmon roulade with English peas and yellow thread mushrooms.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Wheeler Seafood and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 2 ea. Wester Ross salmon filets or whole salmon (plus some for filling)
- Transglutaminase (enough to lightly dust)
- Beet Root
- Dill Weed
- Sear and baste with butter and herbs.Break down and portion salmon.
- Blend bone scrapings with beet root powder.
- Blend bone scrapings with dill weed.
- If you aren’t breaking down the salmon, you can use the ends of filets and trimmings.
- Dust one side of salmon filet with meat glue, layer with beet root, dust again. Top another filet and roll into a roulade.
- Repeat with dill weed.
- Poach at 117 for approx. 20 min. If you like it cooked further, raise the temp.
- English Peas
- Yellow Thread Mushrooms
- Saute lightly.
- Finish with a little beure monte.