Chef & Sommelier, an Arc Cardinal brand, is sponsoring a series of tasting groups around the nation to help sommeliers advance to the next level. As part of the ongoing Sip & Study program, a stellar group of sommeliers gathered at CITY WINERY in Chicago on Monday, August 29 and participated in a 6 in 25 style blind tasting featuring the new American Made high performance crystal glass collection—Sequence.
Attendees included Rachel Speckan National Wine Director of CITY WINERY and Rebekah Mahru (also of City Winery), Anthony Minne, Matthew Bills, Andrew Algren, James Bube, Dan Pilkey, Sanders Ghaey, Gregory Spalding, Doug Kahn, Arthur Hon and Alex Ring. Kogod Wine Merchant was kindly provided great selection of wines including:
- 2004 La Gerla Brunello Di Montalcino
- 2013 Do Ferreiro Rias Baixas Albariño
- 2014 Failla Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
- 2013 Breton Bourgueil Franc de Pied
- 2013 McKinlay Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
- 2012 Bechtold Silberberg Gewurztraminer
- 2005 Chateau La Tour Figeac Saint Émilion Grand Cru
- 2015 Pastou Sancerre La Côte de Sury Vieilles Vignes
- 2013 Frederic Esmonin Gevrey Chambertin Clos Prieur
- 2010 Huet Vouvray Le Mont Sec
Chef’s Roll and our sister-network Somm’s List are seeking sommeliers to participate in this unique opportunity. If you are a working sommelier actively studying for your next exam, click here to learn more and be considered. If selected, Chef & Sommelier will sponsor your tasting group to receive up to $500 to spend on the wine of your choice to use in a study session and gift the stemware for your session, to keep!
Join the Premier Network of Worldwide Wine Professionals & create a SOMM’S LIST profile today.