“Cowboy Brisket Guacamole” by Dallas Fan Melissa Farr, Caterer at Market Street and Student at Escoffier in Flower Mound, TX.
1/4 c White Onion, finely diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Jalapeño,seeded and finely diced
1 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
1 Lime, juiced
1/2 tsp Salt
4 1/2 oz. Smoked Brisket, sliced, chilled and cut into 1/4 cubes
3 Avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
2 Roma Tomatoes, small dice.
- Combine the onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, lime and salt in a molcajete or mortar and pestle.
- Using the pestle, mash the mixture until it resembles a thick salsa. (If you don’t have a molcajete or mortar and pestle, pulse in a mini food processor a few pulses.)
- Transfer mixture into a serving bowl.
- Add the avocados, tomatoes and brisket and mash until just combined and avocados are still chunky.
- Garnish with reserved brisket.
- Serve with tortilla chips or spread on tostadas.