Rigatoni with Saffron & Yellow Pepper Sauce
Barilla® Rigatoni | Italian sausage | Mascarpone | Cedar Wood Smoke
By Chef Mario Cassineri
Yellow Bell Pepper
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Crush and soak the saffron in hot water to release its flavor. Add the Barilla® Rigatoni.
- Bring to boil yellow pepper in salty water. When soft, blend it with some cooking water and saffron. Adjust the salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, cook the chopped sausage in olive oil until it caramelizes. Add some finely chopped shallot, cook until translucent.
- Add the bell pepper sauce and a touch of the saffron water together with the rest of the drained pasta “al dente”. Keep cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, mix in the mascarpone.
- Adjust the salt as needed.
- Serve your rigatoni under a glass dome, quickly smoked with cedar wood.