Fig Bread with Whipped Cream, Bourbon Candied Figs, Fried Chestnuts & Callebaut Crispearls by Logan Kendall & Joseph Bott.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 ea. Egg
- 1 tbsp. Buttermilk
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 8 ea. poached Figs
- 2 morsels Callebaut Chocolate
- Poaching liquid
- 1 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 5 ea. Fresh Origins Basil Blossoms
- 3 ea. Fresh Origins Chocolate Mint Leaves
- 10 ea. Lemongrass Leaves
- Poach figs in liquid at slow simmer for 2 minutes. Sift all dry ingredients for bread, combine egg and buttermilk.
- Mix in poached figs and whip until smooth.
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Simple Syrup (reserved from bourbon figs)
- Whip all ingredients together until stiff peaks form.
Bourbon Candied Figs
- 6 ea. Figs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Fresh Origins Pineapple Mint
- ½ cup Fresh Origins Basil
- ¼ cup Four Roses Bourbon
- Combine sugar, water, herbs and bourbon in small pot.
- Bring to boil, turn to low and simmer until flavors combine.
- Cut off heat, add figs and let sit for 10 minutes.
Fried Alabama Chestnuts
- 6 ea. Alabama Chestnuts
- Peanut Oil
- tt. Salt & Pepper
- Crack and peel chestnuts. Bring peanut oil up to 350 F on PolyScience Control Freak.
- Add chestnuts and fry for 1 minute or until lightly fried and toasted. Remove from oil to paper towel lined bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pulse in food processor until crumble texture achieved, about 30 seconds.