Sea Bass Chowder Risotto with fresh Clams, Bacon, Leek, Chive, Fried Potatoes & Micro Celery
by Chef Tournant Brandon Duley of the Cast & Plow at The Ritz Carlton in Los Angeles, CA.
Fumet for Risotto Base
- 1 tbsp. whole Butter
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- Small bunch Parsley stems
- 2 lbs. fish bones, no heads, rinsed
- 1 cup dry Sake
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Yuzu Juice
- 2 quarts Water
- ¼ cup Mushroom trimmings
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 1 ea. Bay Leaf
- tt. Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Sweat onions and fish bones with butter on med heat for 3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, simmer on med heat for 25 min.
- Strain through chinoise.
- 3 tbsp. Shallot, minced
- 1 box Arborio Rice
- 1 cup Dry Sake
- Fish fumet
- Sweat shallots on medium heat in a large pot for 1 minute, or until translucent. Add rice and toast on medium, stirring frequently, for about 4-5 minutes, or until fragrant. Deglaze with sake.
- Add fumet 2 oz. at a time on med heat, continuously stirring to ensure creamy texture.
- When rice is al dente, mount 2 tablespoons soft butter, ¼ cup freshly shucked clam meat, ¼ cup warm heavy cream, 1 cup pan seared skin off striped sea bass, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with crispy bacon, crispy potato, Fresh Origins micro celery, and minced chive.