Teres major wrapped in bacon and roasted in garlic and herbs; served with pea puree, fresh peas, fava and king trumpet mushrooms.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Tyson Fresh Meats Foodservice.
Bacon Wrapped Teres Major
- 1 filet Tyson’s Teres major
- Sliced uncooked bacon
- Slice the Teres major into 3 inch medallions.
- Wrap 1 strip of bacon around it and hold in place with a tooth pick.
- Sear on all sides and finish in the oven until desired temperature is reached.
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 quart Chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch Parsley
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Mint leaves
- 1 bag Frozen peas
- Heat up cream and stock together in a pot.
- Place into a blender and blend in parsley, garlic, and mint.
- Slowly add in peas until desired thickness is reached.
- Season and finish with a dash of champagne vinegar.