Smoked Noble Premium Skirt Steak served with quick pickled vegetables, charred miso shiitake mushrooms, and quail eggs.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Noble Premium Bison.
- 2 ea. Skirt steaks, sliced in half
- 1 cup Bottled ponzu sauce
- Place in a vacuum seal bag with ponzu and compress to marinate for 1 hr to over night. Skewer and cook over a hot grill with fire to get a nice char.
- 8-10 ea. Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Hawaiian miso
- Compress and marinate mushrooms for 1hr to overnight.
- Skewer and char on the grill.
Quick Pickled Vegetables
- Vegetables of choice
- Rice wine vinegar
- Place in a bag with seasoned rice wine vinegar and compress and leave for 2hrs to overnight. Serve raw and cold.