Pretzel Balls made with Pillsbury Garlic Cheddar Biscuits and served with a Beer and Mustard Seed Cheese Sauce.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with General Mills Convenience and Foodservice.
Pillsbury Biscuit Pretzels
- 4+ discs Pillsbury garlic cheddar frozen biscuits (thawed)
- Pot of water for gentle rolling boil
- 1/4 cup Baking soda
- 1 ea. Large egg, beaten into egg wash
- Coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Bring water to a boil. Add in baking soda.
- Roll out dough into approx quarter sized balls (use some flour to help). Cut a small x on the top of each ball.
- Boil until they float. Gently remove and place onto a baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with kosher salt and bake until golden brown.
Beer & Mustard Seed Cheese Sauce
- 1 ea. Small onion, small diced
- 2 tbsp. Mustard seeds
- 1 can Beer (1/2 half for sauce, 1 half for drinking)
- 3/4 cup Cream
- 1 1/2-2 cups Cheese (white cheddar, smoked gouda), cubed or shredded
- Sauté onions and mustard seeds for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with beer. Reduce.
- Add in 3/4 cup cream. Add in cheese and melt.
- If necessary add in more cheese or thicken with a thickening agent.