Pillsbury Cornbread Biscuit infused ice cream with chunks of cornbread biscuits and & fresh blueberries served in a waffle cone.
by Chef Ana de Anda
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with General Mills Convenience and Foodservice.
Pillsbury Cornbread Biscuit & Blueberry Ice Cream
Yields 18 cream puffs
- 7 ea. Egg yolks
- 1 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 3 cups Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- In the bowl add the yolks, sugar, and salt. Using the paddle attachment, beat until pale yellow and light.
- In a pan heat the cream and milk over low heat, stir occasionally until the mixture reaches 155-160°F.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the heated cream in a slow, steady, stream. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the cream/egg mixture back into the pan and heat over medium-low heat stirring constantly. Heat to 155-160°F and add the vanilla.
- Strain the warm ice cream mixture into a bowl
- Bake cornbread biscuits and into hot ice cream base to infuse overnight.
- Let it cool overnight in the fridge.
- Strain the biscuit pieces.
- Spin the ice cream in your IC machine once it’s completely cooled.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in fresh blueberries and cornbread biscuit pieces.
- Freezer for several hours to firm up before serving.
- One Ice cream is firm, scoop the ice cream into a waffle cone and enjoy!