Salmon en croute made with a scallop mousse and Pillsbury Frozen Biscuit dough, served with pea puree, king trumpet mushrooms, and sautéed fava and chickpeas.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with General Mills Convenience and Foodservice.
- 8 oz. Bay scallops
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 ea. Egg
- Salmon trimmings (if available)
- Place ingredients in a food processor and blend. If too wet, add more scallops/salmon or a touch of flour to adjust consistency. If too dry, add more cream.
- Cook a tablespoon amount off to taste and adjust seasoning. If too bland, add more salt and test again.
- Place raw mousse in a piping bag and reserve.
- Pillsbury ready biscuits
- Salmon filet
- Flour for dusting
- Scallop mousse
- Let the biscuits thaw. Preheat your oven to 350f.
- Roll out with a pasta machine or rolling pin to as thin of sheets you can get (see video).
- Place down salmon, pipe mousse onto the salmon filet just covering.
- Roll the biscuit dough over and seal.
- Brush with egg wash and bake until golden brown.
Serve with vegetables of the season. Peas in the mousse can be replaced with carrots or any other vegetable.