Seafood & chorizo paella featuring lobster, shrimp, clams, mussels, and snow crab made using the Victoria Cookware Paella Skillet
by Chef Mikel Anthony – adapted from a Joshua Weissman recipe
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Victoria Cookware.
Shrimp and Saffron Stock
- Shells from 1/2 lb. shrimp
- 1 ea. Medium onion, rough chop
- 2 ea. Bay leaves
- 4.5 cups Water
- 1.5 tsp. Saffron threads
- Add stock ingredients minus the saffron into a pot and simmer 30 min.
- Strain and add in saffron and let steep for 15 min. Leave the saffron in or strain if desired.
- 6 oz. Spanish chorizo, cubed
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Sofrito of 1 yellow onion, 1 red bell pepper, 6-8 garlic cloves, all minced in a food processor and reserved
- 1 cup Canned diced tomatoes
- 1 ea. Bay leaf
- 2.5 tsp. Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 2 cups Bomba rice
- 3.5 cups Shrimp stock
- 1/2 lb. Shrimp without shells
- 2 ea. Medium lobster tails, deveined and split in half
- 1/2 lb. Littleneck clams
- 1/2 lb. Mussels
- 1 cluster Snow crab
- 2 ea. Lemons, cut into wedges for serving
- Fresh parsley for serving
- Saute the Spanish chorizo for 1 minute, add in the sofrito and saute another minute, add in the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in spices and tomato and cook 1 minute then deglaze with dry white wine and add in stock and simmer gently for 15 or so minutes.
- Add more stock if needed to continue to cook.
- Top with seafood and cover with foil to steam seafood.