Flavor-intensified with ounces of Lawrys® Chipotle Cinnamon Rub, Lawrys® Smoky Chile and Cumin Rub plus McCormick Culinary® Crushed Red Pepper and McCormick Culinary® Ginger, Ground, this lamb is tastily wrapped in a soft egg roll-made sambusa dough. Serve with a side of house-made Manco Coconut Dipping Sauce for the ultimate taste bud adventure.
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with McCormick for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces Ground lamb
- 2 ounces Lawrys® Smoky Chile and Cumin Rub
- 2 ounces McCormick Culinary® Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 ounces McCormick Culinary® Ginger, Ground
- 2 ounces Lawrys® Chipotle Cinnamon Rub
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 10 each Egg roll wrappers
- 2 ounces Cornstarch
- 8 ounces Water
Mango Coconut Dipping Sauce
For the Filling:
- Place a tablespoon of cooking oil into a pan and sauté spices for 2 to 30 seconds.
- Add ground lamb and cook for 6-7 minutes or until done.
- Taste and adjust.
For the Sambusa Dough:
- Mix water with cornstarch until it becomes a paste.
- Fold dough into triangle cups. While folding, brush with cornstarch paste.
- Fill with ground lamb and close triangle.
For the Mango Coconut Dipping Sauce:
- Blend until smooth and season to taste.
- Plate the ground lamb sambusas with a side of mango coconut dipping sauce.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.mccormickforchefs.com