Spice-ly marinated with McCormick Culinary® Cinnamon, Ground, McCormick Culinary® Nutmeg, Ground, McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt Mediterranean Fine Grind and Lawrys® Smoky Chile and Cumin Rub, this chicken is served in a halved coconut with coconut water-cooked basmati rice and a coconut flesh garnish. Hot meets refreshing; add it to your menu today.
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with McCormick for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Yield: 1 Servings
Smoky Cumin Rubbed Jerk Chicken with Mango and Coconut
- 2 ea. Chicken thighs
- 1 cup Lawrys® Smoky Chile and Cumin Rub
- 1 tsp. Jamaican allspice
- 2 tsp. McCormick Culinary® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 tsp. McCormick Culinary® Nutmeg, Ground
- 2 tsp. McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt Mediterranean Fine Grind
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro
- 1 ea. Mango, diced
- 1 ea. Lime, juiced
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2-4 cups Coconut water
- 1 tsp. McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt, Mediterranean Fine Grind
- 1 ea. Coconut, halved
- ½ cup Coconut flesh
For the Basmati Rice:
- Boil the basmati rice in 2-4 cups of coconut water with a teaspoon of McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt, Mediterranean Fine Grind. Once cooked, set rice aside and keep warm.
For the Smoky Cumin Rubbed Jerk Chicken with Mango and Coconut:
- Mix all ingredients and marinated chicken.
- Sauté until cooked and cube.
- Toss with Basmati rice, cilantro, diced mango and lime juice.
- Halve the coconut and place rice and jerk chicken. Garnish with coconut flesh.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.mccormickforchefs.com