Location: The Port Pavilion at Broadway Pier 1000 North Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101
Date & Time: Thursday, October 29th, 2015 at 5:30pm-9pm
Purchase Tickets: https://ccssd.ejoinme.org/cheftickets2015
To Volunteer, Sponsor & Participate Contact:
Special Event & Marketing Manager
Office: (858) 272-5777 x151
DONATE: Chef Showdown is accepting 12 gift certificates for two people for their Live Auction Item called 12 First Dates! If you are a chef or restaurateur who would like to donate a gift certificate, please contact Heather Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mission at Center for Community Solutions is to end relationship and sexual violence by being a catalyst for caring communities and social justice.
This one-of-a-kind fundraising event is not to be missed!
As a guest of this year’s Chef Showdown, you will be treated like royalty – because everyone is a VIP! The VIP experience will transport you out of this world to the delectable culinary creations from San Diego’s best and Baja California’s finest restaurants and caterers, along with free flowing cocktails, interaction and photo shoots with judges and chefs in the competition, and so much more! This year’s honorary co-chairs are Michelle Lerach, Chef Flor Franco, Yolanda Selene Walther-Meade and co-chairs Deborah M. Higgins and Tamara Romeo.
Vote for your favorite tabling restaurant station! New this year!
By popular demand, each guest will have a chance to vote on the best food station! Three simple criteria:
1) Décor and set up
2) Taste of the cuisine
3) Cohesiveness of the food and team.
Join in the fun and cast your ballots at Chef Showdown!
- Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be in a kitchen with your favorite chefs? This is your chance!
- 10 of San Diego’s Top Chefs battle in 5 intense competitions.
- Stunning new waterfront location.
- People’s Choice Award – You can bid for a spot on this brand new judges panel! (Bids start at $1,000 per person)
About Center For Community Solutions
Since 1969, Center for Community Solutions has evolved into a leader in San Diego County and in California for providing compassionate, professional, and innovative solutions for helping individuals who have been affected by domestic violence and sexual assault. Our community-based and collaborative programs aim to eliminate societal conditions that condone and perpetuate violence and abuse, and they include:
- 24-hour crisis hotline
- 24-hour in-person emergency crisis response to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- 24-hour short-term emergency shelters for domestic violence victims and their children
- Long-term emergency shelter
- Hospital accompaniment for survivors of rape and sexual assault
- Legal services
- Advocacy and court accompaniment
- Case management
- Individual, child, and family counseling therapy
- Prevention and education outreach to youth of all ages
CCS operates the only Rape Crisis Center in San Diego. In 2014, we served over 10,000 individuals traumatized by domestic violence, sexual assault and elder abuse.
What would our community be like without CCS?
- Thousands of women would remain in abusive and violent relationships
- Children who grow up in homes where domestic violence is prevalent have a high likelihood to become perpetrators of violent relationships when they become adults
- Sexual assault victims might live in shame and degradation with nowhere to turn for support with the legal system or anywhere to heal
- There would be an increase in deaths as a result of domestic violence
- There would be a void in community education and awareness which would silence voices for social justice on issues of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Adults and children would remain trapped in a cycle of family violence
- Survivors of sexual assault, fearing judgment and not knowing who to turn to, would remain silent
- Perpetrators would continue to abuse vulnerable people with impunity
- Young people would repeat destructive relationship skills
- Youth would walk away from abuse they witness in their peer groups
- Traumatized adults and children would have no relief from overwhelming fear, hopelessness, anxiety, sleeplessness, and hypervigilance.
- San Diegans of all ages would not be inspired to take action each day to personally contribute to a vibrant, healthy, and peaceful community that does not tolerate or condone violence
CCS is a lifeline for individuals who have experienced relationship violence and sexual assault. Our work is possible if every member of our community is engaged in finding solutions to break the cycle of violence. Your support is our lifeline and we thank you!
For additional information on ways to give and get involved with CCS, please contact us at 858-272-5777 or email@example.com