Wagyu tartare with truffle and caviar.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with First Flight Farm, Regiis Ova Caviar, Vitamix Commercial, and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1 Wagyu 1 –12 oz steak seared to medium rare, cooled and diced fine
- Whole grain mustard ½ tbsp
- Capers 2 tsp
- Chive 1 tbsp
- Meyer lemon –1 juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shallot 2 tsp brunoise
- Garlic 1 tsp brunoise
- Mixed ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Set aside.
- 3 eggs
- Bread crumb enough to coat
- Pink peppercorns 1 tsp
- Canola oil 1-2 tbsp approx
- Sous vide eggs at 64 degrees celsius and cool down in ice bath.
- Separate whites and yolks.
- Bread the yolks and fry until golden brown.
- Blend whites with pink peppercorns and canola oil.