Pan seared chicken, bourbon barrel aged syrup, lemon, olives, and sage.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen Series and is made in partnership with Crown Maple and Front of the House. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 2 ea. 4 pound Chickens
- tt. Salt and Pepper
- Canola Oil as needed
- 4 ea. Lemons, zested
- 2,000 g. Chicken Stock
- 450 g. Mixed Olives
- 150 g. Crown Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Syrup
- Transglutimanese (Meat Glue)
- Divide both chickens into 8 pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the skin from the chicken. Dust with meat glue a.k.a. transglutimanese. Layer one breast down. Dust with glue. Lay another down directly on top. Dust with glue. Roll into roulade. Wrap in plastic wrap. Vacuum seal and cooked oil 145 F in water bath.
- Pan sear chicken over medium heat with canola oil as needed until golden.
- Flip chicken pieces and add stock, lemon juice and zest, and olives. Place in oven for 5 minutes at 350F or until chicken is fully cooked. Transfer chicken to a platter and reduce sauce until reduced by half. Swirl in Crown Maple Syrup and place chicken back into the pan. Coat the chicken with the sauce to reheat.