Maple coconut flan topped with caramelized coconut powder and fresh berries.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen Series and is made in partnership with Crown Maple and Front of the House. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 350 g. Crown Maple Sugar
- 120 g. Water
- 500 g. Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 280 g. Whole Milk
- 2 g. Salt
- 350 g. Eggs
- 7 g. Vanilla
- Place half of the Crown Maple sugar and water in a saucepan over high heat for 5 minutes or until caramel has formed. Remove maple caramel and distribute evenly between ramekins. Allow ramekins to sit for 20 minutes to cool. Meanwhile prepare custard.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend for 10 seconds. Remove and allow mixture to settle for 20 minutes.
- Stir custard with a spoon and pour into ramekins evenly.
- Bake flan for 45 minutes at 325F covered in a water bath.
- Remove flan and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Use a thin paring knife around the edges of the Flan and invert into a chilled plate. Garnish as desired.