Sinigang with Wild Alaska Pollock Dumplings with shellfish, tamarind, shrimp stock, okra, tomato, and green beans.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Trident Seafoods and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- Wild Alaskan Pollock Cubed 1/2 CUP
- Coconut- enough to blend
- 1 egg – to bind
- Dumpling Wrappers
- Cornstarch and water for slurry
- Blend Pollock, coconut milk, egg, and a pinch of salt.
- Place in the center of dumping and wrap.
- Use slurry mixture of egg wash to seal.
- Steam or poach.
- Shellfish 2 CUPS
- Shrimp Stock
- Tamarind paste or packet
- Calamansi- 4 to 5
- Heat and combine shrimp stock, tamarind, and calamansi into one liquid.
- Cook shellfish and deglaze with stock.
- Add vegetables.
- Place into bowl and add dumplings.