Roasted Peking duck in a maple glaze with a sesame seed crust and Brussels sprouts.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen Series and is made in partnership with Crown Maple and Front of the House. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- Duck Breast, Peking
- 20 g. Smoked Crown Maple Syrup
- 10 g. Pistachio, chopped
- 5 g. White Sesame
- 5 g. Black Sesame
- Dash of Soy Sauce
- Brussel Sprouts
- Score the skin of the duck breast and score the skin with a knife to allow the fat to render out. Cook in a heavy saute pan to allow the fat to release and turn golden brown. Flip the duck and cook for 2 minutes until the breast is rare. Transfer to a roasting rack.
- With a pastry brush, baste the skin of the duck with the smoked Crown Maple syrup as needed to fully coat. Add a dash of soy sauce to the maple glaze, if desired.
- Next mix the nuts and seeds in a shallow dish and mix well. Place duck breast skin side down to fully crust the skin with the nuts and seeds. Place back on the roasting rack skin side up and roast until medium rare or to your liking.
- Garnish with oil blanched Brussel sprouts (2 seconds in hot oil).