Feel the Brazilian heat on your menu all year long with a sizzling new venison entrée from Chef Mikel Anthony. Enhanced with the warm, bold combination of Club House La Grille Brazilian Style BBQ Seasoning, Pink Peppercorns and Whole Bay Leaves, this flavourful feature lays on a creamy potato puree and is finished with a house-made blackberry demi-glace.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Club House for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 6-8 oz. Venison loin
- 1 c. Club House La Grille Brazilian Style BBQ Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Club House Pink Peppercorns
- 1 c. Club House Bay Leaves, Whole
Purple Potato Puree
- 3 ea. Potatoes, medium sized and cubed
- 4 c. Beef or chicken stock
- 1 c. Cream
- 1 cup Veal demi-glace
- ½ pint Black berries
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
Charred Pearl Onions
- 1 c. Pearl onions, halved and seared
For the Venison:
- Sous vide the venison at 120 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour with Club House Pink Peppercorns and Club House Bay Leaves.
- Remove and roll in Club House La Grille Brazilian Style BBQ Seasoning.
- Sear and baste in a pan.
- Let rest for 8 minutes before slicing.
For the Purple Potato Puree:
- Cook down potatoes until tender.
- Puree until smooth in a blender with enough of the stock and cream to make liquidity.
- Season to taste.
For the Black Demi Glace:
- Place ingredients into a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes or until black berries begin to break down.
- Add balsamic and stir.
- Season to taste.
For the Charred Pearl Onions:
- Halve a sear pearl onions in a pan.
- Reserve for garnish.
- Place down puree in circular motion top with sliced venison.
- Finish with blackberry demi-glace and charred pearl onions.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.ClubHouseForChefs.ca