Show off your thighs this season with a golden new recipe from Chef Mikel Anthony. Exotically seasoned with the many spices of Club House Garam Masala, fried to golden perfection and finished with trout roe, this dish is a fin-tastic meaty fix for your next menu.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Club House for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Yield: 4 Servings
Garam Masala Fried Chicken
- 4 ea. Chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp. Club House Garam Masala
- 1 ea. Lemongrass, minced
- 1 bowl Seasoned flour
- 1 bowl Milk
- ½ tsp. Oil, for frying
- ½ tsp. Club House Sea Salt, French Mediterranean
- 2 ea. Egg yolks
- 5 ea. Garlic, cloves
- ½ tsp. Oil, to blend
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 c. Uni Bits
- 1 c. Trout Roe
- 1 c. Edible Flowers
For the Garam Masala Fried Chicken:
- Toss chicken thighs in Club House Garam Masala (1 tbsp) and minced lemongrass.
- Let marinate for an hour to overnight.
- Perform standard breading procedure with seasoned flour and milk and fry chicken thighs at 365 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
- Place the remaining Club House Garam Masala (3 tbsp) in a bowl and pour approximately 4 ounces of the hot cooking liquid over the spices.
- Whisk and toss the fried chicken in it and season with Club House Sea Salt, French Mediterranean.
For the Aioli:
- Add egg yolks and garlic to food processor.
- Process until yolks increase in volume. Slowly add oil and lemon juice at the end.
- If it becomes too thick, add a touch of water between adding oil.
- Place the fried chicken down on the plate.
- Place aioli in squeeze bottle and place “Hershey kiss” like dollops onto the chicken.
- Garnish with uni bits, trout roe, and edible flowers.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.ClubHouseForChefs.ca