Seared True World Foods hamachi with guajillo ash and persimmon puree.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with True World Foods and Vitamix Commercial. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 5 ea. Guajillo, dried
- 1 tsp. Salt, or to taste
- Torch guajillo and blitz in a blender/food processor.
- Roll the portioned hamachi in the ash, sear, and slice.
- 6 ea. Persimmons
- ½ cup Carrots
- ½ cup Golden cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- Blend everything until the Vitamix heats up puree and has smooth consistency.
- The Vitamix will cook the puree for you (approx 5 minutes). If too thick, thin out with stock or bouillon.