ICYBAY Icelandic Cod 2 ways – Bahn Mi Bolillo Roll & Vermicelli Noodle Bowl
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Slade Gorton and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 2 tbsp. White sugar
- 1/2 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup Vietnamese fish sauce
- 2 ea. Medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ea. Small chile diced or 1 tsp chile flake
- Dissolve sugar in hot water.
- Whisk together with other ingredients.
Chinese Sausage Pate
- 5 ea. Chinese sausages, poached
- 1 ea. Small onion, sliced thin
- 5 ea. Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Soft butter or mayo
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth paste.
- Season to taste.
- 1 ea. Small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 parts Seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 part Water
- Bring water and vinegar to a slight boil. Pour over onions and cover then cool.
Vermicelli Noodle Bowl:
Cook cod and deglaze with nuoc cham. Cook vermicelli according to package instructions. Toss with nuoc cham. Garnish with a cod filet, cilantro, mint, peanut, lime juice, green onion, and bean sprouts.
Banh Mi Bolillo Roll:
Cook cod and deglaze with nuoc cham. Toast roll and spread pate. Spread kewpie mayo on it as well. Add flaked cod, pickled onion, cilantro, mint, and green onion.