Freshly-picked, just for your menu! For serving on a wooden plate or platter with a garlic puree, Chef Mikel Anthony’s feature chicken addition is seasoned and pan-seared with McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt Mediterranean Fine Grind, McCormick Culinary® Black Pepper, Ground and McCormick® Grill Mates® Mojito Lime Seasoning. For that extra summer touch, serve with a garnish of green and red strawberries and fresh jalapeños.
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with McCormick for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Yield: 4 Servings
Mojito Lime Chicken
- 1 each Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Grill Mates® Mojito Lime Seasoning
- 1 each Chile Lime
- 3 each Green strawberries, sliced
- 3 each Red strawberries, sliced
- 1 each Jalapeno, sliced
- 1 part Vinegar
- 1 part Water
- 1 part Sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Culinary® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt, Mediterranean Fine Grind
- 2 each Green garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- ½ teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
For the Mojito Lime Chicken:
- Remove breast from chicken and French.
- Season with McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt, Mediterranean Fine Grind, McCormick Culinary® Black Pepper, Ground, and McCormick® Grill Mates® Mojito Lime Seasoning.
- Pan sear.
For the Strawberry Salad:
- Slice green strawberries into quarters.
- Put vinegar, salt, sugar and water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour over green strawberries and let it sit until cooled.
- Slice strawberries and jalapeno thin.
For the Garlic Puree:
- Heat chicken stock in pot and chopped green garlic.
- Put in blender and pour in chicken stock until desired consistency.
- Add a touch of vinegar and olive oil to finish blend.
- Season to taste.
- On a wooden plate, spread the garlic puree and top with mojito lime chicken sliced on the bias. Garnish with green and red strawberries and jalapenos.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.mccormickforchefs.com