Need a new appetizer, but feeling in a pinch to get it on your summer menu in time? Pick San Diego Chef Mikel Anthony’s savory crab lollipops this year! Made from a deep-fried puree of shrimp, soy sauce, egg and cooking cream, these pops are covered in a Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk and Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste sauce, perfect for any sunny day or sunset dinner.
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with McCormick for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 each Snow crab claws
- 6 ounces Shrimp
- 1 each Egg
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 cup Cooking cream
- 2 cups Bread crumbs
For the Crab Lollipops:
- Puree shrimp, soy sauce, egg and cooking cream in bullet or robot coupe.
- Form ball around claw and dip into bread crumbs to coat.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
For the Sauce:
- Heat Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk until scolding hot.
- Whisk in Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste.
- Set aside and reserve for use.
- On a plate spread the sauce and top with crab lollipops.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.mccormickforchefs.com