Seared Stolt Farms King Turbot, compressed shiitake mushroom, roasted kabocha squash puree, and Fresh Origins micro wasabi.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Candor Seafood, Fresh Origins Microgreens, Vitamix Commercial and FOH. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1 fillet King Turbot
- Sear gently and slowly until done.
- 1 qt. Roasted Kabocha squash
- 1 cup Sauteed onion and garilic (2 parts onion, 1 part garlic)
- 1 pint Heavy cream (brought to a scolding point)
- Blend ingredients until smooth. Season to taste.
- 4-5 ea. Shiitake mushrooms
- Compress in a vacuum chamber with a dash of soy.
- 2 qt. Fresh Origins Micro Wasabi
- 1 cup Fish fumet, approx. (Can substitute with chicken stock).
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Lime juice
- Blend in the Vitamix and then aerate in the aer container.