Move over, avocado toast! There’s a new hot slice in town and it’s coming for menus everywhere. Made with quail eggs and Club House Piri Piri Seasoning, this Shakshuka Toast is a real breadwinner.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Club House for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 1 ea. #10 can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 2 ea. Onions
- 2 ea. Carrots
- 3 tbsp. Herb de provence
- 1 bunch Basil
- tt. Club House Piri Piri Seasoning
- 3 ea. Quail eggs
- 5 ea. Okra
For the Tomato Sauce:
- Saute onion, carrots, herbs and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Cook down all ingredients for 45 minutes and blend.
- For additional depth continue cooking for another hour. For additional flavor, use bacon fat to saute.
For the Quail Eggs:
- Crack and cook sunny side up.
For the Okra:
- Slice thin length wise and blanch in 350 F fryer oil.
- Spread tomato sauce on seared sourdough. Top with quail eggs and okra.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Club House Piri Piri Seasoning and Japanese mayo.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.ClubHouseForChefs.ca