There’s no “trout” about it, your guests will love to dive into this swimmingly good seafood entrée! Served with a La Grille Fiery Habanero & Roasted Garlic-seasoned romesco and lemon-zested aioli, this Canadian steelhead trout feat will make for a solid addition to any new or current menu.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen, in partnership with Club House for Chefs. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 10 pound Canadian Steelhead Trout
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. La Grille Fiery Habanero and Roasted Garlic Seasoning
- 6 ea. Orange cherry tomatoes
- 2 ea. Orange bell peppers
- 1 slice Bread
- ½ cup Toasted almonds
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 ea. Egg yolks
- 5 ea. Garlic, cloves
- 2-3 cups Oil per egg yolk
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 cup Snap peas
For the Steelhead Trout:
- Fabricate and slice into filets.
- Score the skin and sear skin side down.
- Flip and baste with butter.
For the Romesco:
- Char tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Blend all ingredients together and season to taste.
For the Aioli:
- Add the egg yolks and garlic to food processor.
- Process until the egg yolks increase volume.
- Slowly add the oil then the lemon juice. Reserve for use.
- Spread the romesco on the plate and place the Canadian steelhead trout on top.
- With a squeeze bottle dot the aioli onto the plate.
- Finish with snap peas.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.ClubHouseForChefs.ca