Attention US-based chefs: Register now to enter for a chance to win a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit the gorgeous Valle de Guadalupe and tour one of the most important aquaculture sites in the world, just one part of a 4-day, 3-night trip for you and a guest!
In the #PacificoCulinaryQuest online cooking contest, created in partnership with Pacifico Aquaculture, chefs will register to compete using the form below. If selected, you will be shipped a sample of premium Pacifico True Striped Bass to use in the creation of a dish showcasing your talents and culinary inspiration. Once the entry deadline has been reached, the Pacifico judges will ultimately select a grand prize winner!
GRAND PRIZE: A BAJA CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
Join the Pacifico team on a stunning journey of Ensenada to visit one of the most important aquaculture sites in the world on Isla Todos Santos in Ensenada, Mexico. The tour will begin in San Diego, CA. A driver will pick you and a guest up in San Diego to take the 2.5 hour drive to the site of the world’s only hatchery for striped bass. After a tour and deep dive into the rare world of larvae, smolt and brood stock, you will go check into a beautiful lodge in the Valle de Guadalupe to relax and enjoy dinner. The next morning, you will be picked up and taken to the harbor in Ensenada. From there, you will go by boat to the Pacifico Aquaculture farm site located on Isla Todos Santos – a protected bird sanctuary less than an hour by boat from Ensenada. After a tour of the farm and lesson in aquaculture, you will enjoy a beautiful lunch of Baja grilled striped bass prepared by the farm staff at their beautiful outdoor kitchen and barbecue.
Upon the conclusion of the tour and lunch, you will head back to shore and take a short 45 minute drive back to the Valle de Guadalupe – a highly regarded area gaining attention and popularity from many people in the wine industry. You will have the option of taking a wine tour in the afternoon. After relaxing at the lodge, you will have dinner at the world-renowned, Deckman’s en el Mogor. The next day, you will have a self guided tour of the famous wine country of the Valle de Guadalupe and a dinner in the valley. Your final morning, you will enjoy a hacienda style brunch overlooking the valley. At the conclusion of brunch, the tour will head back across the border and deliver you to the airport.
Our tour includes:
• Full Hatchery Tour and education on the raising of the world’s only ocean raised striped bass
• Boat Ride across the Ensenada Bay
• Site visit and farm tour on Isla Todos Santos
• 3 nights lodging in Valle de Guadalupe for you and a guest
• Wine Tours, brunch, 2 dinners
• Round trip air and ground transportation to the region
In addition to the chance to win the grand prize, 3 runners up will win a custom Pacifico Aquaculture rucksack filled with Chef’s Roll swag!
To get a taste of what you can expect on Isla Todos Santos, check out this recap of a trip that the Chef’s Roll team took down there last year, and watch the video below.
1. Registration – August 15 – September 5th | Fill out the form below for a chance to compete!
2. Shipping andSubmissions – September 6th – October 6th | If selected, wait to receive your Pacifico sample, and use it to make a showstopping dish, then submit it online and post on social media!
4. Judging and Announcement – October 7th – 25th | The Pacifico judges will go through a couple rounds of judging before picking and announcing a winner and three runners-up