Maple Glazed Veal
- Milk Fed Veal Sirloin Hip
- Maple Glaze
- Pan sear.
- Add maple glaze.
- Continue to deglaze in pan until ready.
- 1 lb. Butter
- 3 ea. Shallots, sliced
- 1 cup Thyme, picked
- 1 tbsp. Coriander (.3oz per tbsp)
- 2 tbsp. Dijon (.7oz per tblsp)
- 3 cup Maple (10oz per cup… .3oz left in)
- 1 tsp. Cayenne (.1oz per tsp)
- 1 tbsp. Sherry Vinegar (.3oz per tblsp)
- Xanthan gum (.5oz per tblsp)
- 3 cups House chicken demi (7.3oz per cup)
- Melt butter, sliced shallots, and thyme. When shallots are soft and without color, add chicken demi. Cook together.
- Add coriander, Dijon, sherry vinegar, cayenne. Cook for ten minutes, take off and blend.
- Emulsify in the maple syrup. Add xanthan for just enough body.
Carrot Top Pesto
- 3 lbs. Small carrot tops, blanched
- 2 tbsp. Blend oil
- tt. S and P
- 1 ea. Garlic clove
- 3 tbsp. Pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (packed) Fresh basil leaves, blanched
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated finely
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Blanch carrot tops and basil in boiling water, and then shock in a ice bath.
- Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth, not allowing the blender to get too hot. (This will cause the pesto to lose all of its color.)
- Transfer to a squeeze bottle until service.
- 6 slices Pumpernickel bread ( toast in oven till practical burnt )
- 1 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. Nutmeg
- tt. S and P
- Toast slices of pumpernickel in the oven until practically burnt.
- Once toasted, combine all ingredients in food processor and grind up into a fine powder.
Spread the carrot top pesto, and then sprinkle pumpernickel soil. Place veal on top and garnish with carrots, baby turnips, and chicory. See video below.