Veal Shank Schnitzel
- Veal Shank
- Egg (For Egg Wash)
- Italian bread crumbs
- Remove bone from shank and save for different use
- Trim off outside connective tissue and pound flat
- Dip in egg wash then Italian bread crumbs
- Fry at 300 degrees for 5 minutes, until done
- Coriander Seeds
- Bay Leaf
- Fennel Seeds
- Combine sugar, salt, vinegar, and water for basic pickle brine
- Add coriander, bay, fennel as preferred
- Red Bell Peppers
- Yellow Onion
- Sea Salt
- Dice the peppers and onion and sweat in a pot with a little grapeseed oil
- Add cashews and lightly toast
- Deglaze with the mirin and reduce until syrupy
- Add just enough cream to cover the mizture
- Bring toa boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes
- Transfer to a blender, add herbs, and blend until smooth. Consistency should be thick, almost peanut butter-like.
- Season with lime juice and salt to taste.
- Brine overnight with 1% salt by weight of water.
- Soak in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Push Marrow out of bones.
Combine on plate, garnishing with watercress and granola.