Smoked butternut and ricotta toast finished with Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup from Crown Maple.
by Chef Mikel Anthony
This recipe is part of the Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen Series and is made in partnership with Crown Maple and Front of the House. To watch it being made, and to learn how to make other dishes, check out Chef’s Roll Test Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and ChefsRoll.com.
- 10 pc. Sourdough Bread, sliced
- 1,200 g. Butternut Squash
- 500 g. Smoking Woodchips
- 800 g. Ricotta
- 45 g. EVOO
- tt. Salt and Pepper
- 100 g. Crown Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Syrup
- Micro Herb, garnish as needed
- Peel and medium dice the butternut. Boil in salted water until fork tender. Strain and let squash cool and dry on a wire rack.
- Load smoking chips into stove top hot smoker and place over medium low heat. Add butternut when smoke has fully formed and smoke squash for 5 to 10 minutes as desired.
- Brush toast pieces with olive oil and place on a grill until toasted.
- In a medium bowl add ricotta, the remaining olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Spread toast with ricotta mixture, top with smoked butternut, garnish with rounds of raw butternut. Lastly drizzle with Crown Maple Bourbon Aged Maple Syrup. Add a few herbs or greens to garnish.